Sunday, August 28, 2005

Well, I give up..

Few years ago, when NASA published their new discovery, that women are more suitable for space travel than men, reasoning that they have greater strengths in terms of stamina with respect to sustainability to intense gyroscopic motion, obviously my reaction was that, it was “CRAP”.
But now, my opinion has reached its obsolescence, and there is no point in me being tenacious, I give up.
Last week, I with my class went on an excursion to the green state, Kerala. It was a pleasant experience for many, and I had a chance to rehabilitate my eidetic memory. Those days, when I used to go on a pilgrimage to Sabirimala came scrolling in front.
And all these bliss took a sharp turn when we finally entered a Theme park.

Although the park was not as big as those in Chennai, it had all potential games to break the guts of many. Games right form water skiing, huge swings that oscillate up to near vertical degrees, circle with seats that rotates at unimaginable speed and finally a glider that virtually tried to throw people with high centrifugal force were played. The result, believe me, it was girls who were really able to sustain till the last sport with undiminished spirit.
Most of the guys (even those with manly voice, mustaches, and beards) were nauseated with the first two, and it was me who could sustain till the last. Yet the truth being that, I never opened my eyes once I sat on the seats.
Albeit seems to be a hard nut to crack for most us (guys), we should remember (perhaps believe) that women prove to be more brave (yet sometimes not bold) than most of us.

4 comments:

lavanya said...

well atma,Its was fascinating to read ur narration of How gals are stronger than guys. Hope u finally got the right conclusion!! even i was amazed abt ur fears towards such silly rides!!

Suganya said...

ha there u r,, atlast u agree tat girls r braver.... really enjoyed reading this post...
ppl of blog community....... u should have seen atma's face wen v were riding in that ship llike swing... screaming in fear which made us nearly fall off tat swing with laughter... hahaa

Anonymous said...

firstly let me know...who is having beards in our class community??
a real time conversation bet me & atma during water skiding !!!
bfre skiding
atma:io.....io..ethu enna riduu? i went to many rides this in coimbatore!!!! but annulum konjam bayamaa than irrukku....
me:hey ... avlo onnum bayamaa irrukaadu...

During skiding
atma:io ...io....ammma ...io ....hoooo
me:oooooooh....oooo
After a few nanoseconds
atma: (no sound..complete silence)

After Skiding
me:enna atma ...irukiya illiya?
atmaio...my godness.. yen heartee ooru nimisham ninnudichu...
me:ne uyiroda irrukiyaa nu ennakku doubt vandudichu....
atma:ada paavi...
me:These r all simple rides atma...wat a thrilling sport...really enjoyed
atma: ..........................

Anonymous said...

Yup women sustain more G than men...they seem to have more G (Gandu) then men too.