Friday, October 07, 2005

The Loss = Gain Business

One good thing in missing dinner at the mess is that I am getting a chance to walk out, out this cramped college. Many-a-times I’ve found a lot of ideas, solutions, reasons flow out whenever I walked in solitude. And today I had to walk to RK Foods for munching and I ended up with this.

I am a profuse thinker, I accept that. But for so long, I’ve been only a thinker, and that’s the bitter reality. Well, paper and pen do not resist anything I say, they are lifeless, still accept my thoughts. This leaves me with an intrigued situation, if I am fit to speak only to these lifeless objects? Someone reading this should help me.

Several lines of crap n still not to the topic, this surely not my style… looks like I am corrupted. I’ve experienced this for quite a number of times, you get some thought lingering in your mind, and you want to get rid of it, just write down, it evades quickly… in a way you are materializing it, fulfilling your desire.

Walking a long distance in the cool air, watching the big moon, I let my first ‘self’ to think and the second ‘self’ to observe it closely and to criticize. I know it sounds odd.. , well I’ll tell you. You voluntarily split your conscious into two, let one speak and the other to watch it… you’ll get a lot of ideas flowing.

I’ve always been thinking about the positives of a person. I don’t know when I made this habit up. Albeit it sounds altruistic, a deep business motive is hidden. You always speak, think only about the positives of people around you, and when you need to have a job done, you immediately remember who is good at it and request their help, get the work done. It’s that simple.

THE AMOUNT OF SUCCESS IS DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL TO THE AMOUNT OF FAILURE.. It’s a crude generalization,. It’s like the extent to which you analyze your failure, measures the extent to which you prepare for the next battle.

Now, here I analyze where I were incomplete as a secretary.

The problem with me was, I was a shrewd businessman. I was getting down to business always and always only getting down to business.

In life, time means money and money means time. I had a number of people working with me. If it were to be a real business project, I for sure would have settled them with money…. But, this was a joint event, and I must have paid them with the equivalent TIME. Meaning I should have spent time with them appreciating their work, encouraging etc. But unfortunately, I never did that.

Several times, I had declined their invitation for a chill-out, which often meant a cheap party and a silly movie. That’s definitely not my kind of chill out. This is something, I shouldn’t have resisted.

Can a business be 100% profitable?... which means, can I run a business without even a speck of loss? I did it last time and that’s why I failed the next time… well I’ll explain. Time is money to me.. it’s the factor that ticks my clock. I didn’t want to waste ( in fact spend) my time with my co-workers of society, which I deemed professional and fast. I was 100% efficient in managing my time, spending it only for productive activities. In that plethora of work unfinished, I never realized that, I had to spend equally on Human Resource management as well.

As a remedy, I should, in the amidst of sea big works, have spent time talking, motivating others. This in fact is not a productive activity and is a LOSS (remember time = money) in terms of dry business, but this in reality is an INVESTMENT, in ethical terms.

Thus here LOSS = INVESTMENT = GAIN.

Here you invest your time, (time = money) while you continue your current project. This investment helps tremendously as a motivating factor for the next undertaking.

This rare and a superior concept of failure = successes and loss = investment is a wonderful business concept, which finally infers that, HR is the toughest yet a fruitful management scheme.

7 comments:

lavanya said...

Ur post was really awesome (to say).. made a good reading and inspires me to update my sleeping blog !!
1)wat is that u have used //endif..//
statements ?
2)I agree to ur concept of spending solitudeness in thinking..it reminds me...of how i waste time thnking abt myself..coz im not capable of good analyses
3)Still i dint get ur point view abt how come ur secretary post was proved to be failure(not a real success 2 u).. well,whenever v have SGE, it always reminds me of ur efficient performance and ur involvement, which i think none is working in that spirit as of urs.

Suganya said...

self analysis and subsequent corrections would definitely prove to be a solution in many ways. u r doin it.. hats off..

i think i get wat lav hadn't understood in the 3rd point. u have performed well for society. did u mean moving with ppl n be a roman at rome stuff?? if tat is it, well, its important too.. i'm glad u've got tat rite now..

Unknown said...

thank you girls, you two have provided me with so much of impetus for my writings. Failures are inevitable and so is success. It took a long time to me to understand this. I am happy that this experience would help me a lot in future. Bye.

Anonymous said...

hey dude..tis comment is for ur alma-matter and loss-gain blog together..
am commenting on ur blogs after a long time..have always been anonymous..
you know what..well now you did tis "self analysis" and found out about HR..and you gonna implement it right?..again you are in a catch22..that is you are back to square one..b'coz you are doing it knowing that its an investment.

Now coming to Shaastra..they were cool, come what may, walk the unknown path guys as you say..their goal was Shaastra and not fullfillment of 'cheif organiser' or secretary post. They did it for fun, love, craving and willingness and not with a self acievement point of view.
That indirectly give them fullfillment and achievement of self goals.

Take life easy dude..live every moment of it...after all time is a concept created by humans, like money.

Will shed my anonimity in your next blog.. ; )

Unknown said...

dear friend,
u made me think again. and u are right, it wouldnt work that good if im gonna do all things artificially. well i guess leadership is kinda characterial thing n not an attitude. its gotta be inborn, what do u say?

Anonymous said...

you are right Barath..it is inborn..but there is nothing stopping you from becoming a good leader..only you have to have the necessary attitude and skills. I dont know what they are..am not trying to be one. Am jus what i am, think its a better way to be than trying to be 'someone'.
What do you say?..
Got my identity??...by now u shd have dear brother.. : )

Unknown said...

of course dear sister, i could feel ur style, words the moment i read ur commnet. not to mention the emoticons u always use. am happy that u've read my page atlast. now visit daddy's at www.kalaikathir.blogspot.com